We’ve all seen lists on how to have a great day, well, here’s mine:
1. Smile – even if you have to fake it, the simple act of smiling will make you feel better. Double bonus if you share your smile 😉
2. Dress Your Best – I cannot emphasize this one enough. Before you step out your door in the morning, take a quick look in the mirror and ask yourself, is this the image I want to show the world today? Looking and feeling your best are signs of self-confidence, and when you have self-confidence, you can do anything! Like pursue all those dreams you have!
3. Make eye contact – this is so important to building trusting relationships. Look people in the eye when both listening and talking. People want to be heard and not just with your ears.
4. Compliment others – Dale Carnegie spoke often in his writings of the simple act of complimenting others, in that not only do you get to make another’s day and make them feel better. You receive the residual affect of feeling better for the act of doing it.
5. Wear lipstick, even if it’s Chapstick.
6. Exercise daily. Move, stretch, walk, take the stairs. It is vital to your well-being to get up and move!
7. Hug someone – be it your significant other, your kids or your pet. It’s good for your heart and your soul.
8. Stay away from toxic people – you know who they are, the people who suck the life out of you, the people who are negative and criticize and make you feel bad. You’re not going to change them so best to either stay way from them or limit your time with them to a minimum.
9. Be genuine – in everything you do, in everyone you come into contact with, both personal and business. There is nothing worse than a fake and most people can smell one a mile away. Be genuine with your acts, words, smile and feelings.
So there you have it, my nine ways to have a better day!
Till next time,
NineFrogs ~ Where Attitude is Everything <3